Parents – be on the lookout for the School Supply Kit order forms. Orders can be placed online starting the week of May 18, 2015 at http://www.shopttkits.com using our school account TBD. All orders must be placed by June 12th.
The 2014 - 2015 Yearbook is on sale now. Orders are due by February 13th. We also need more photo submissions. If you have photos of any school events please send them in.
You can e-mail photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have photos from the Band and Strings concert, the Chorus concert, Holly Jolly Workshop, or any candid pictures, please send them in! We have also received very few First Day of School photos and would love have more to place in the book. The deadline for photo submissions is March 6, 2015.
Not to worry. We are happy to bring you a few highlights from the meeting. There is a lot to be excited about and lots of things in which you can get involved. But remember, if you want all the latest details make sure you are signed up for our eNews updates on the right hand side of this page.
Here are a few of the discussion topics from the Sept 18th meeting:
- New! Improved! All of the school’s electric, gas and sanitary services are brand new and the school has an entirely new sprinkler system thanks to the new construction efforts and a very hard working construction crew!
- Coming this Winter! New rooms for this year’s kindergarten classes will be completed.
- Coming in the Spring! A dedicated area for before and after care and a new main entrance along with a partial gym addition.
- Boost the BoosterThon: Don’t forget to round up your Fun Run pledges after the event on October 2nd.
- A Unique Dining Experience: The PTA’s Hospitality committee will provide a dinner for staff during the teacher conferences in November. If you or someone you know can help in securing and/or preparing the dinner items please send an email to email@example.com.
- Help Needed: We are looking for volunteers to assist in coordinating the spring silent auction event, Scholastic Book Fairs and the School Supply Kits program to name a few. To find out more please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Totally Cosmic: The NASA Club is coming soon! Stay tuned for more information.
- Save the Dates!
- Monster Mash will be Saturday October 25th from 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Holly Jolly Workshop will be Saturday December 6th from 9:00am – noon
Visit again soon for more CES news and insights!
The Crofton Elementary School PTA is pleased to announce our Fall 2014 Fundraiser! Our Fundraising Goal: $7,000 for The Renaissance Learning Accelerated Reader Program – a new Reading Incentive Program for Grades K – 5.
The Boosterthon Fun Run emphasizes fitness and character-building lessons, and has been a great success in over 1400 schools across America.
The 9-day program will kick off with a 30-minute school-wide Pep Rally on September 22nd. Funds are raised through student pledges for the laps they run at the October 2 Boosterthon Fun Run event. Every student may participate in the Fun Run, regardless of pledges raised. Plus, they receive 6 daily character stickers and a Boosterthon T-Shirt!
This year’s character theme is ROCK’N TOWN LIVE, a music festival theme all about COMMUNITY! Students will learn five ways to make their community rock where they live and play. Visit www.boosterthon.com to see the Boosterthon folks in action. Their energy is contagious!
More information and pledge kits will come home the week of September 22.
Parents – be on the lookout for the School Supply Kit order forms. Orders can be placed online at http://www.shopttkits.com using our school account #20349. All orders must be placed by June 11.
This is an updated encore of an article posted in 2013, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the PAW Printer’s program at CES. The program is now in its 26th year!
By Stacey Underwood
Twenty five years ago, two Crofton Elementary School Moms were inspired and driven to initiate a program where students would write creative stories that would be typed and bound by parent volunteers and could be enjoyed for many years to come. Thanks to Carole Fox and Nancy Gough, CES students have been enjoying having their stories “published” via the PTA’s PAW Printers Program ever since.
The PAW Printers Program is a fun and educational project for students in first through fifth grade. The PAW stands for Continue reading
The official order form in .pdf format is available by clicking here: CES Spirit Wear Order Form 2013 2014. Please send completed order forms and payment in to school with your student in an envelope marked “CES PTA Spirit Wear”. A portion of all orders benefit CES PTA programs and initiatives. For more images of the new Spirit Wear visit our Spirit Wear page. Thank you.
For a larger version click here:
Revitalization update November 2013