WatchD.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center For Fathering.
There are two primary goals of the WatchD.O.G.S. program. The program is conducted in collaboration with the administration, faculty and staff at Crofton Elementary School (CES).
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
WatchD.O.G.S. are fathers, step-fathers, grandfathers, uncles, older brothers, and other father-figures who volunteer for one-half or full day each year at Crofton Elementary School.
How do I join? Click here.
During the day, WatchD.O.G.S. may read and work on flash cards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well.
There are 3 winners when you have a successful WatchD.O.G.S. Program:
- The students win because the father/father-figure give their time and energy as a positive male role model.
- Crofton Elementary School wins due to the Support and Safety a WatchDOG provides as an unobtrusive fathering presence on campus.
- The fathers/father-figures win because we know our role as a WatchDOG may impact many lives, starting with our own kids.
Access the SignUpGenius pages at this link:
Ordering WatchD.O.G.S. Apparel
Fathers/Father-Figures may choose to order their own WatchD.O.G.S. apparel. To order merchandise, please go to the DOGSTORE.